GROUP FINISHED FILM OPENING

PRELIMINARY TASK

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Shining Script

I found a website which provides the entire script from 'The Shining' (1980). I decided to do this script because we will probably be making the opening to a horror film and i felt it would be appropriate.
-Script-
INT. BEDROOM - M.C.S.
(JACK at Bathroom door. )
JACK
Little pigs, little pigs, let me come in!
CUT TO:INT. BATHROOM - M.S.
(WENDY by open window. She moves L-R to basin.
CAMERA PANSwith her. She picks up knife and moves R-L to side of door..132.
CAMERA PANS with her. )
CUT TO:INT. BEDROOM - M.C.S.
(JACK at Bathroom door. )
JACK
Not by the hair on your chiny, chin, chin.
Then I'll huff, and I'll puff
CUT TO:M.S.
(JACK holding axe back to camera at Bathroom door. )
JACK (CONT'D)
and I'll blow your house in.
(He swings axe back.)
That part of the script i find particularly frightening and wil be good reseach for our own film opening.
INTERESTING FACT-Jack Nicholson's famous line "Here's Johnny" was ad lib and was not in the original script.

No comments: