GROUP FINISHED FILM OPENING

PRELIMINARY TASK

Monday, December 1, 2008

Stage 2: Test Shoot

I'll just fill you in our our stage two planning and how i contributed.
Firstly...

TEST SHOOT
Before going out on the shoot We needed to make sure we were prepared
Firstly we needed to check all of our equipment, that we had the necessary stuff to provide good test footage.
We also prepared a small script to ensure when screen testing both me and Laura, we had an adequate amount to say, and that what we said linked to our piece.

This is the test script we came up with for the female part:
Girl:
I've been doing a lot better this week.
My mum didn't drink this evening.You've really helped me.
Can I ask you a favour? (pause)
Would you come over this evening?
This worked well as it provided range, and gave us inspiration for our actual script.

Our test shoot-though missing one person, was successful as it gave us loads of inpiration for angles and shots for the real shoot. It gave us an idea of the lighting, and how the lighting in the cellar it pretty tricky, but we worked out that an eerie effect was created it lamps we placed in certain positions.
What I did: I shot a variety of different shotsin the cellar and in Laura's room, to give us variety, and show us what works and what doesn't. I tried to be experimental at this stage, because this is how you learn and choose what is right. I enjoyed the test shoot because it showed me that I can be more creative with my camera work.

Reflections of watching footage:
  1. After watching the footage in the lesson, we realised some important factors to consider when doing our actual shoot, and made some observations and changes to the piece.
    It wasn't snappy enough (but we realised this towards the end of our takes after reviewing them).
  2. We don't have enough continuity, so we need to change the action so that it involves continuity other than the conversation online.
  3. We decided who would play the girl.
  4. After watching the different shots of the murderer with the briefcase, we realised which lighting looked best, and discovered that a mixture of different shots and angles could look really effective. We can cut it up to make it SNAPPIER and show some more continuity by matching-on-action with sharpening knives etc.

No comments: